Monday, April 30, 2012

Overwhelmed!!!  The only way to describe how I am feeling right now!
                                                                                      image from katenoble.com

Why?  Trying to just keep everything straight and organized- from household responsibilities, job responsibilities, and school responsibilities- just to name a few.

My mind is racing in a million different directions.  I started tonight by trying to find some interesting and pertinent information about digital citizenship to create a new blog post (Sara- you did have some interesting site that I checked out).  Then quickly got sidetracked when I realized people had commented about a few of my recent blog posts.  This led into reading some classmates recent posts (Maggie- hope to see your video soon and love the updates on your wiki).  Wait, then came Class Dojo (thanks May Ellen, I really did appreciate this one!)  The phone, "Mom, I need lunch money.  Can you buy me an I-pod seeing that you just got this new job?"  Which reminds me,  I want to find a video on conductors and insulators for my students.  Before that can be accomplished, I need to check in with my projects (I think I am done but not sure).  Wake tomorrow night so I won't have the opportunity to do anything then.  Did I mention that I am exhausted and have a migraine!  AND what I am doing- writing this blog- THANKS FOR LETTING ME VENT!  Time to get focused. One thing at a time!

How are you feeling right now?  Hopefully things are a little more sane for all of you!

NETS Connections:  Is there one about keeping one's sanity???  I can connect to a Common Core  objective that I used recently in one of my lessons (using personal expression in narrative writing).



Time to start checking things off the to-do list!
Thanks for the advice- Sidetracked again!!!


Not sure if I should post this but I hope it gets you all to chuckle a little! Hey, at least I am blogging. That should count for something.

4 comments:

  1. Forgot to mention: gave up 2-do-lists. If I have to do something and it is important, I will remember it. If it slips memory, it probably wasn't important. I sort of make a visual picture in my head of what needs to get done and then call that up. At real hectic times, will slip back into a 2-do list, but will keep it short. Long ones make me nervous. I did enjoy the video, though. Most important: stay calm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to know that I am not the only one who is hanging by a thread. We need to cut ourselves some slack though. Words of wisdom to remember. "Nobody got hurt." and "This too will pass." Two phrases that keep me positive and moving on. Breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this: Between school, job three kids, PPT's, teenage angst and husband who seems to think I am super mom! I am right there with you honey! You are doing and are fantastic! Keep up the good work and don't forget to breath somewhere in between!

    ReplyDelete